Friday, May 22, 2009

Everyone Loves a Man in Uniform!


Just in time for Memorial Day, and thanks to a generous Grandma, Jon Jon has a new collection of sailor outfits. I am pretty sure it just does not get any cuter than this! My heart melts every time I look at him. But these kinds of vintage inspired clothes are hard to find. They certainly don't sell them at Old Navy. My mother has made it her personal quest to dress this little guy in as many sailor outfits and "Jon Jons" (yes, this the official name of a certain style of shortalls) as possible. An unexpected perk of these old school outfits too, is that some of them sort look like dresses. And to a girly-girl, Mom of a boy, I'll take what I can get.

As I confessed in my last post, Ebay is a great place to find baby clothes, and many of Jon Jon's super cute duds have come from here. A couple other sites that specialize in hard to find, heirloom type pieces are BestDressedChild and Grammie's Attic. They have more sailor suits than there are sailors and adorable dresses for girls too. But of course, being the fashionista that I am (or try to be) I have been searching long and hard for the perfect shoes to go with these outfits. Not easy! If anyone knows of a great place to by some white, soft leather booties, let me know!

So happy Memorial Day everyone! Get on your uniform and celebrate in style!

7 comments:

  1. So adorable! Bring him up here so we can teach him to sail! Well, maybe in a few years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! There's lots of cute clothes that go along with sailing! (it's all about the fashion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the clothes. My baby is the ultimate accessory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love how grown up he looks! -odessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE sailor suits! Last summer, I had Averi's photos taken with my nephew and they had matching sailor outfits. It's just so awesome!!!! He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Do you think it would be too much for Jon Jon and I to wear matching outfits? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way2much.

    Sailorman.

    ReplyDelete